You Can Drink from the Bottle…
I recently turned 24 and while this is not a particular milestone age, I’ve done some reflecting. I spent the last few nights laying in my bed wondering about the last years of my life. The result, these 24 lessons and rules for life that I’ve learned in as many years…
(1) You can drink from the bottle, but don’t drink it all.
(2) If ever you wake up and wonder why you’re here, put your feet on the ground and take a deep breath.
(3) Enjoy the wonders and surprises in life, they happen far and few between.
(4) Hold onto memories, bittersweet and otherwise, and remember you’re the only one who can take them away.
(5) Don’t live in the past, and if you find yourself doing so, see rule number 1.
(6) Don’t be afraid to not have the answer, that means there’s still more to learn.
(7) It’s okay to let someone know how you feel, even if it hurts you or the recipient.
(8) Don’t give away all of your love, you need the rest to love yourself with.
(9) Mean it when you say you love someone, you don’t know what that could mean to them.
(10) In return, when someone says they love you, be kind.
(11) Keep your promises, and if you can’t, let the other party know.
(12) Karma is a bitch, and she’ll always get your number. Do your best to be your best.
(13) In matters where your head or heart strong arm you, stick to your gut. If none of these can decide, see rule number 1.
(14) Don’t pine for anyone and take a chance; you don’t know if they’ll be here tomorrow.
(15) Spend time with your parents, your siblings, and old friends.
(16) Your current love isn’t your ex, give them a chance to set themselves apart.
(17) Accept defeat when it comes, and revel in the small victories. When defeat feels crushing, see rule number 1.
(18) Be understanding when your friends screw up; growing up is hard at any age.
(19) Its okay to let a song bring you to tears, or for a book to make you laugh. It’s important to feel moved and inspired.
(20) Lay on the beach, stare at the stars, remember now and then how small you really are.
(21) Death, unfortunately, is permanent. When loss crushes you, see rule number 1. When loss grows easier, but is still a struggle see rule number 2. And when you can finally breathe and smile, see rule number 4.
(22) Take time to be a kid with the kids in your life; child, family, and otherwise.
(23) Never say goodbye with anger in your voice, it may be the last time you get to.
(24) Remember that it’s easier to give advice than it is to follow, be humble.
And while I could go on, I’ll keep this here as a reminder, just in case I forget Rule 24.
We talked out loud about you today…all I could say was that I think about you every day.
This dress, but longer in a light grey/white
Was basically just compared to Jimmy Hoffa fighting for his people, in response I told the head of productions here not to let me end up in an oil drum somewhere.
Moving back to my hometown, and to a place I adore with the guy I love! (and our dog of course!)
Talking with the Head of Operations and H.R. at my company about me becoming the official supervisor of my department, this means taking on a whole lot more responsibilities, salary pay, and a whole crew of people beneath me. All happening around the time of my One Year review….gulp!
I guess you could say life is pretty good, I’ve moved a lot, I’ve loved a lot, been hurt a lot, felt lost most of the time…but finally, I am beginning to find my place and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
Chow down on some food thats really bad for me, take a bajillion midol, smoke some weed, watch supernatural, snug my puppy and wait for my hubby to get off work…I’m totally okay with this.
recent purchases on thriftbooks.com
A Collection of Songs for Summer Nights…
- I Put a Spell on You - CCR
- Til the End of the Day - The Kinks
- Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen
- Another Travelin’ Song - Bright Eyes
- Wild Child - Lou Reed
- Will You Return? - The Avett Brothers
- Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
- Glory Days - Bruce Springsteen
- The ‘59 Sound - The Gaslight Anthem
- Bad Moon Rising - CCR
- Blue Carolina - Alkaline Trio
- Hearts of Stone - Chuck Ragan
- Marry Song - Band of Horses
- Tupelo Honey - Van Morrison
- Salina - The Avett Brothers
- Heard it Through the Grapevine - CCR
- Steal Away - Murder by Death
- Brothers - Defeater
- Here’s Looking at You, Kid - The Gaslight Anthem
- If You Had a Bad Time - Alkaline Trio
- Joy - Against Me!
Music to Live By…
bleaching my hair for the first time…ever
You are all kinds of wonderful. I love your smile, your personality, taste in music, everything. You're such a sweetheart. Crushin'.
Whaaaaaat?? Aw shucks! I wish I knew who this is!
Last night I dreamt of the ideas for three separate hoodie/tattoo designs that I’ve been thinking about for, oh, six months. I’m rather excited to try and make it happen, and I even emailed an artist who I admire very much to see if he would be interested in doing the back print/future tattoos as commissioned work.
Sorry for the lack of posting, loves, life is kind of hectic here in Cleveland these days. I got promoted at work (for less than appealing wages, but I’ll survive) and my boyfriend is currently in the process of moving into the Cursed house with me. Also! I’m gaining a dog as of tomorrow night from a couple we know, who just cant keep her, their dogs they had prior just dont seem to like her and its been months and the house has been chaos. She’s a border collie/cattle dog mix and she is just to die for. Life is pretty good.
The ghetto that surrounds my street was filled with gunshots tonight.. No sign of anyone calling the police either, then I heard a taser. Ah, what a view I have of the street below… Guess I’ll close the curtains and tune it out.
Edit: the unmarked police cars that cruise the neighborhood just appeared and now a fire truck and ambulance
sorry for the flood of interiors on my tumblr, just feeling really inspired and have a lot on my mind as far as the future…